Fascinating Facts About Immediate Dentures
Two common reasons people lose their teeth are poor dental habits and not visiting their Fort Pierce family dentist as often as they are supposed to. If you want a quick solution to tooth loss, you may want to consider immediate dentures. Immediate dentures are partial or complete dentures placed inside your mouth after your natural teeth have been removed. You don’t need to wait weeks to get your smile back.
What You Need to Know About Immediate Dentures
What Are the Advantages of Immediate Dentures?
Immediate dentures are popular because of the following reasons:
- Aesthetics – Immediate dentures are fabricated to replicate the size, shape, and color of surrounding teeth. Once you put them on, they blend seamlessly with the rest of your teeth, giving you a natural-looking smile.
- Functional – Tooth loss can affect your speech and your ability to chew food properly. A major benefit of wearing immediate dentures is they fully restore oral function in a single appointment.
- Comfort – Wearing immediate dentures reduce the discomfort associated with missing teeth.
- Convenience – Compared to traditional dentures that take weeks to make, immediate dentures can be fitted and placed on the same day, saving you time and multiple visits to the dental office.
- Improved healing – Immediate dentures help protect your gums and preserve your jawbone after tooth loss, improving the overall healing process and reducing your risk of complications.
What Concerns Do Patients Have With Immediate Dentures?
Some common concerns patients have with immediate dentures are that it takes a while to get used to them, especially when eating. To help your mouth adjust faster, dentists recommend you choose soft foods and cut them into tiny pieces.
Chew your food slowly, ensuring you divide them into both sides of your mouth to prevent your dentures from tipping. Wearing your dentures more often will help you get used to them faster.
Get Your Immediate Dentures From Our Fort Pierce Family Dentist
At Ricard Family Dentistry, we can assist you with everything you need to restore your smile and oral health. Our offices are equipped with the latest technology to provide you with the best care. Contact us for an appointment.