When Veneers Fail: Dealing with Decay Underneath
Veneers are widely known for their transformative abilities in enhancing your smile, turning it into a radiant work of art. They excel at concealing imperfections, leaving you with the flawless grin you’ve always desired.
However, it’s essential to understand that while veneers can brighten your smile, maintaining the health of the teeth beneath them is equally vital. One of the common concerns of veneer wearers is the issue of decay that may develop beneath these beautiful dental enhancements.
When Veneers Fail: An Unexpected Challenge
Veneers: They’re undeniably an incredible solution for concealing dental flaws and brightening your smile. However, it’s essential to be aware that veneers, like any dental procedure, may not last a lifetime. Over time, issues can arise, and one common problem is decay hiding beneath them.
Identifying the Problem
So, how do you know when your veneers are in trouble? Well, there are a few signs to watch out for:
- Discoloration: If your veneers start showing discoloration, especially near the edges, it could be a sign that decay is lurking beneath the surface.
- Sensitivity: Increased tooth sensitivity could indicate a problem. If hot or cold foods and drinks cause discomfort, it’s time to investigate.
- Visible Damage: Cracks, chips, or rough edges on your veneers may allow bacteria to penetrate, leading to decay.
What Can Be Done
Thankfully, there are solutions for dealing with decay under veneers:
- Professional Assessment: Schedule an appointment with your dentist, and they’ll conduct a thorough examination, possibly including X-rays, to diagnose the issue accurately.
- Veneer Replacement: If decay is detected, your dentist may need to remove the affected veneers, address the underlying problem, and replace them with new ones.
Preventing Future Issues
To avoid encountering this issue in the first place, regular dental check-ups are crucial. Your dentist can monitor your veneers, ensuring they remain in top-notch condition and address any concerns early.
Have More Questions About Veneers in Port St. Lucie?
While veneers can work wonders for your smile, it’s essential to remember that they require proper care and maintenance. If you suspect decay underneath your veneers, don’t hesitate to reach out to your trusted dental professionals. At Ricard Family Dentistry, we’re here to help you maintain your radiant smile for years to come. Don’t let decay ruin your beautiful veneers—schedule an appointment today!